Once your mouth is healthy and you have your winning smile back, Here are more tips to help you, be sure and follow these tips:
1. Floss between all of your teeth with a dental tape or floss at least 2 times daily.
2. Brush your teeth with a soft bristle brush. Stiffer brushes are too hard on your gums.
3. Electronic type brushes are great and use vibrations to clean your teeth and gums.
4. On the top, brush down and toward the tooth. This gently pushes your gums down to prevent receding gum lines.
5. On the bottom, brush up for the same reason.
6. Little circles are good to remove all food debris stuck between teeth.
7. Brush your tongue gently or use a tongue scraper to get rid of any particles that can cause bad breath.
8. A forced water device can help to wash your gums and help circulation also.
9. About fluoride: I choose to use a toothpaste that contains fluoride. I’ve had a lot of decay in the past few years. It does help to protect enamel. That’s your call. Talk to your dentist.
10. Get a balanced diet and good nutrition. Malnourishment can weaken your teeth and gums.
11. Buy extra helps for dental care and carry them with you. I always have little brushes that my granddaughter used when she had braces. Floss threaders can be helpful if you have a bridge.